About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Celebrity-Athlete of the Day: Mike Tomlin


In my first edition of Celebrity Look-alikes, I shout out my boy Alex who I know from the Sports Journalism Institute. I figured that it’s only appropriate that I shout out a fellow Hampton University and SJI student, @tribeofshabazz; especially since there’s both a Pittsburgh (where he’s doing his internship), New York (where he’s from) and Hampton connection in this one.

I was just searching Carlos Zambrano’s picture to see if I could find a valid look-alike (I was thinking Benjamin Bratt, but the size difference ruins it) I stumbled upon a picture of Tomlin and Epps. Needless to say, it took me about three minutes to control my laughter before I disrupted everyone in the newsroom.

One of the captions that I saw for their pictures was “Separated at birth?” and that sealed the deal. It was just too funny to pass up.

Today’s Athlete: Mike Tomlin, head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

  • Yea, whatever, he’s not a player; so what, dude looks EXACTLY like Omar Epps. As an avid fan and frequent viewer of, the FOX TV-series, House – and all-time classic movie, The Wood - I cannot ignore this.

    I don’t really think Tomlin could play a doctor on TV (that’s definitely not gangsta enough for him) but I would pay to see a re-make of The Wood with him and Epps switching up every scene. I could see me and my friends sitting there trying to figure out which twin—I mean guy did what scene.

    Who knows, a few guest appearances on some of Epps’ movies could put a positive spin on an otherwise negative off-season for the Steelers. And I know Epps would love to get the chance to man the sidelines at a football game; who wouldn’t?

    Epps is from Brooklyn, NY so I’m going to assume he has more swag than he lets on (if he were in Madden ’11 I’m positive he’d have a higher swagger rating than Eli Manning of the NY Giants). This leads me to believe that he would be able to keep up with, Hampton, VA native, Tomlin in that department.

    One of the only times a cop shouldn’t be scrutinized for saying, “All black people look alike,” is when they’re talking about these two. They’re probably the only twins to be born in different states, on different dates – Tomlin was born in ’72, Epps in ’73 – and from different women, but they look exactly the same (yup, that’s my justification for them being brothers).

    Personally, I think Tomlin and Epps could help each other equally, albeit in different ways: Tomlin would give Epps cool/man points back for taking pictures like this (on the right), and Epps would make Tomlin much more popular with the ladies (he would have to seeing as those are the only ones still going to see his movies).
*Tell me what you think of today's celebrity-athlete. Any and all comments are valuable. who knows, it might give me an idea for my next installment.

By Aaron Hilton
Follow me on twitter @Way_2_Tall401

No comments:

Post a Comment