About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm SMH at Usher Raymond

Usher is releasing a second installment of his album Raymond Vs. Raymond entitled Versus (he really thought hard about that name... smh).

After I listened to his Raymond vs. Raymond over and over for a weeks, I've come to the understanding that Usher's music has changed over the years. He went from classics like Nice & Slow to Yeah! and Burn. Now... he's selling albums and making money by singing songs like OMG! When I first heard the single I couldn't believe that it was Usher, I admit I love the song but come on... Usher is a mature artist, he can do better than club songs! I love R&B... and Usher has seriously let me down. I completely have lost faith in him. He has not been able to release a solid album in too long.

Anyways, one song from his new installment has been released. The song entitled Hot Toddy features Jay-Z and Ester Dean. I'm a big Jigga fan, but he's scaring me. I don't give in to all that Mason or Illuminati business, personally... I could care less. But on the track with Usher he calls himself a "god" and "King Hova." I hate to sound religious but... there is only one King Jehovah. And his name is Jesus... not Sean Carter.

Check out the song below.


The songs catchy... I'm not sure if it's Hot Toddy or Hot Tottie... 'Toddy' sounds like a male name so I hope it's not that. In my opinion the track is alright... but nothing great. He did need a few new additions to Raymond Vs. Raymond, it had a total of three good songs besides for his extremely commercial and club singles (which compared to his album Confessions is blasphemy).

Usher needs to take a nap, finalize them papers and come back with something more phenomenal. When it comes to R&B... Usher is failing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment