About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

(Relationship) Status Isnt Everything


One of the scariest words in the English dictionary: Commitment.

I am probably one of the worst people to write about this topic but it eventually has to come to the surface so I figured I’d address it now. It seriously seems like every person I know is either in a relationship or dying to be in one. Unfortunately I cannot relate to either, so if you are one of these you’re a step ahead of me.

Relationships contrary to what some have been told aren’t for everyone. Just because you have reached a certain age and everyone around you is coupled up doesn’t mean you’re ready to be in an exclusive relationship. Commitment is more than just a promise because if it is real, it can never be broken. A relationship always deserves the type of dedication given to a friendship, family, or career. Although commitment cannot be compared to either of these things, they all deserve the same amount of work in order to truly work.

Being ready is the first part of making the promise to be with a significant other. This shouldn’t involve the fear of being alone, wanting to have a steady sex life, or even pressure from the people around you. You are the only person who can decide whether the relationship can be taken to another level. If you find that the person you are seeing is worth the risk of being heartbroken over or worth putting effort into then perhaps a relationship is something to consider. I for example am not ready to be someone’s girlfriend, which is why I may not be one for many years to come. This has nothing to do with my exes but more of a personal choice. Well not a choice exactly since just thinking about being in a relationship makes me cringe (and itch).

Either way I’ll be living the good and single life for a while or at least until Travis McCoy finally notices I’m alive. ;-)

...LL

No comments:

Post a Comment