About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Celebrity-Athlete of the Day: Shannon Brown


I got away from my Celebrity Look-alike series for a few days, but I’m back this week with some really good ones.

Today’s Athlete: Shannon Brown, reserve guard for the LA Lakers.

  • I just had to get this one off my chest; it’s been bothering me since the 2010 NBA Finals. I’m just gonna put it out there: dude looks like Chris Brown. There, I said it; you’d have to be blind not to agree with me.

    Every aspect of his person just screams Chris Brown. They’re both freakish athletes, have no problem getting the girl and made a serious comeback in 2010. (Did I mention that they share the same last name?)

    Everybody knows the story with Breezy; he got a little too animated with his girlfriend and things got ugly. Shannon Brown was a competitor in the 2003 McDonald’s High School Dunk Competition – won by LeBron James (maybe you’ve heard of him) – but tanked in this year’s NBA Dunk Competition. After that abysmal display of wackness, he faded of the NBA radar for a while.

    This year, both of them re-emerged in their respective genres as stars. Chris Brown cleaned up his act, grew a goatee and danced his way back into young women’s hearts. Shannon Brown dunked on Mikki Moore so hard that he might have even received an all-star vote - even though it was during the '09 Preseason - and his performance in the finals was impressive as well. The high-flyer also made an appearance as the love interest in Monica’s new music video “Love All Over Me”.



    Breezy is a huge basketball fan and has participated in numerous charity basketball events in the past. Shannon Brown, likely, has no singing talents – although he might be a pretty good dancer, I’m not sure. What Shannon does have is his connection to R&B Diva, Monica; his alleged girlfriend (so back-to-back NBA Championships weren’t enough? You had to go and take Monica from us too? The nerve of athletes these days.)

    I’ve done ten of these celebrity-athlete pieces now, and this one is, by far, the closest. THEY HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME DAMMIT! I’m just going to start the rumor myself – in case it hasn’t been started already – they’re second cousins. HA! Now just try and prove me wrong (just so you know, even if you could prove me wrong – which you can’t – I wouldn’t believe you).
By Aaron Hilton
Follow me on twitter @Way_2_Tall401

No comments:

Post a Comment