About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Celebrity-Athlete of the Day: Aaron Hilton


A common saying that I like to live by is, “Don’t dish out more punishment than you can take.” That is to say, you shouldn’t tell any jokes that, if flipped back on you, would be too much for you to handle.

I have poked fun at 10 different athletes so far; comparing them to everything from a genuine look alike, to an extinct reptile (although, you have to admit, that Bosh one was right on the money).

Anyone that knows me, knows that I was a tri-varsity athlete my senior year in high school and that basketball has long been my passion. So, technically, this weeks installment is still a celebrity-athlete look-alike.

Today’s Athlete: Aaron Hilton, center for the St. George’s Dragons (what they know about SG @itsjustgriff? Ha-ha).

  • As my good friend, high school roommate and fellow HU student, Griff, knows; I look exactly like Steve Urkel (not Jaleel White – the actor who played Urkel in Family Matters – the actual character).

    All throughout high school I was a lame, skinny, corny black kid who sounded like Miley Cyrus. My pants rarely ever went down past my ankles and I wore short sleeved collared shirts with a neck tie during mandatory chapel. (Yea, come to think of it, Urkel wasn’t even this lame. At least he had hope with Laura.)

    I was always correcting people with lines like, “Well, actually…” and “Contrary to popular belief…” (I wish I was making this up, trust me).

    Urkel was the nerd for years on that show until he invented an alter ego, Stephon Urkél; my nickname junior year became Big Sexy (with each stroke of the keyboard I’m digging myself a deeper hole). While the nickname was meant to be one of those ironically false aliases – like a midget named ‘Big Tony’ or something like that – however, I took it to the bank and made it my own.

    One thing we don’t have in common is family. Urkel had an ugly twin sister and my sisters aren’t that ugly (as much as it pains me to admit) and you never saw his family; however my family was always around. All my friends came to chill at my house, not the other way around (that’s probably why I didn’t get the Jazzy Jeff treatment growing up).











    I’m all grown up now and I’ve put my clumsy, nerdy days behind me; but, I’m still that same kid I was 7 years ago. Sadly, Jaleel has moved on from his Urkel days; every now and then, I still have mine.
By Aaron Hilton
Follow me on twitter @Way_2_Tall401

1 comment: