About Me

A guy and two girls, honestly speaking about whatever comes to mind. From sports, relationships, news, politics, trends, and entertainment. We'll cover it all, right here at unhonest.blogspot.com. Have a question, or comment? Post it below or email us at: unhonest.blog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

A lesson that I've learned in love came from the world's wisest man alive... my father.

Ladies, when it comes to loving a man there is one thing that you must understand. It's all good and dandy to feed him, spend time with him, whisper sweet things in his ear and "love him"... but without RESPECT you will not have a long lasting relationship.


Women want and long for love,
men are prideful beings... RESPECT them.



I always had an issue with that unfortunate verse in the bible where it says : "Wives, submit to your husband as to the Lord..." Ephesians 5:25-26. I always remember the day when I first read that verse because I got kicked out of Sunday school that day. Who would've guessed that I was the Pastor's daughter? The minister was not focusing on that one line that I had immediately memorized and sworn to white-out of my future husbands bible, yet I made a huge fuss and began a fight with one of my male friends. 'Clearly,' I thought, 'God didn't get this one right.' I remember saying: "It's the 21st century, not the 50's." Yea... I was an angel.

At a young age, I was the brat of the house, my father's baby girl, and I generally said what I felt. Until I started dating did I find that the way I spoke to men (as if they were my slaves) ruined my relationships.

Try it out: If you begin to show the utmost respect to your man, you will reap the benefits. Don't be his slaves, but try these tactics.


  • 1. Don't fight in public. Even if you get in a disagreement outside of your home wait until you are alone to address it.


  • 2. Don't embarrass him. Don't call him "teddy bear" or any other cute name in public. Don't force him to say "I love you" when you know he's around his friends.


  • 3. Ask him input when you are making decisions for yourself or the two of you. This will let him know you care what he thinks.


  • 4. Don't call him stupid, dumb, annoying, N-word, idiot, etc. Although some men tolerate it, it is not acceptable. Don't call him any other name but nicknames and whatever is on his birth certificate. Believe me, if you're speaking to him any ol' way around his friends, they're asking him "Why do you let her talk to you like that?"


  • 5. Don't boss him around.
Remember how they've always taught us that "you can judge how a man will treat you by how he treats his mother?" That doesn't apply to women. I know for myself, I treat my father as if he is a king (because he is), but when it came to the other men in my life it did not apply. That mindset is wrong. So... women, respect your men. Treat and speak to them like they are (not Kings unless there's a ring involved) ... let's say a Prince.

Good luck and God bless. Happiness and uh... Love?

_Coco Elle_

No comments:

Post a Comment